Mocha Cocoa Banana Mini Muffins
Decadent flavor doesn’t have to equal decadent ingredients! Our Mocha Cocoa Banana Mini Muffins are made with whole wheat flour and bananas plus a touch of coffee and unsweetened cocoa powder. Make a double batch and keep them in the freezer for treats all week!
Total cook time
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 ½ tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 large greenish bananas (well mashed (1 ½ cups mashed))
- 1/4 cup extra strong coffee or espresso (2 tablespoons Signature Kitchens® decaf instant coffee crystals can be added to 1/4 cup hot water)
- 1/4 cup Signature Kitchens® canola oil
- 1/2 cup Signature Kitchens® dark brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 ½ tsp Signature Kitchens® vanilla extract
Preheat oven to 350°. Coat 30 mini muffin cups with canola cooking spray or use mini muffin papers.
Whisk flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt together in medium bowl and set aside.
Add all the remaining ingredients to a large mixing bowl and beat on medium speed until well blended (about 1 minute).
On low speed, add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and beat just until blended (scraping the sides of the bowl after about 10 seconds). Spoon a scant 1/8 cup of batter (1 cookie scoop) into prepared mini muffin cups.
Bake muffins until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean (about 10-12 minutes). Serve warm, if desired, or cool on wire racks before serving.
All recipe ingredients should be cooked to a safe internal temperature according to USDA guidelines. After preparing a recipe, please store any leftovers in the refrigerator.