Perfect Pumpkin Curry
Sweet and savory, this one-pot Pumpkin Curry is a simple yet satisfying plant-based dinner.
Total cook time
- 2 cups pumpkin (or butternut squash), without skin, cubed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 yellow onion, diced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced (or 4 teaspoons pre-minced garlic)
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, minced
- 1/2 cup red pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 2 tablespoons red or yellow curry paste (or curry powder)
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ -2 cups canned light coconut milk (less for thicker curry, more for thinner curry)
- 1 cup fresh baby spinach leaves
- Shredded Chicken
Add olive oil to large skillet over med-high heat. Add onions and squash, cooking for 5 minutes until slightly soft. Stir in red peppers, ginger, garlic, pumpkin puree, curry, turmeric, and salt.
Add coconut milk and bring to a boil, reduce to simmer for 10-15 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in spinach. Garnish with cilantro and lime and serve over brown rice.
All recipe ingredients should be cooked to a safe internal temperature according to USDA guidelines. After preparing a recipe, please store any leftovers in the refrigerator.