Winter Salad with Granny Smith Apple Vinaigrette
Put together a beautiful, no-stress side for your next winter gathering. This gorgeous salad is a bright addition to any holiday table. Whip up our Granny Smith Apple Vinaigrette and dress the Brussels sprouts, then arrange the ingredients artfully on the platter.
Total cook time
- 3 cups shaved Brussels sprouts
- 4 cups O Organics® kale (roughly chopped)
- 3 mandarin oranges (peel removed and sliced into rounds)
- 3 Tbs O Organics® walnuts (roasted and chopped)
- 2 Tbs crumbled O Organics® feta or goat cheese
- 1/4 cup pomegranate arils
Granny Smith Apple Vinaigrette
- 1 Granny Smith apple (roughly chopped)
- 1/2 shallot (roughly chopped)
- 1/4 cup O Organics® raw apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tbs O Organics® honey
- squeeze of 1/2 lime
- 1/4 cup O Organics® extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
To make Granny Apple Smith Vinaigrette, add the apples, shallot, apple cider vinegar, honey, olive oil, lime juice and salt into a high-powered blender. Blend on low, then high, until mixture is smooth (dressing may still be a little thick, especially depending on the size of your apple!) You can also thin it out a bit more by adding 1-2 tablespoons of water.
Add shaved Brussels sprouts and Granny Smith Vinaigrette to a bowl and toss together.
To build the salad, spread kale onto a large platter. Spread shaved sprouts that have been tossed in dressing on top. Place mandarin oranges around the salad and platter. Sprinkle walnuts, cheese and pomegranates all over salad. Serve immediately!
All recipe ingredients should be cooked to a safe internal temperature according to USDA guidelines. After preparing a recipe, please store any leftovers in the refrigerator.