Baked Popcorn Shrimp with Sweet Chili Sauce
This healthy popcorn shrimp recipe uses tiny shrimp to make crunchy bites perfect for popping in your mouth. We also swap out mayo-based tartar sauce for a healthier Greek yogurt dip flavored with Thai chili sauce.
Total cook time
- 2 large eggs,
- 1 teaspoon Old Bay seasoning,
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder,
- ½ teaspoon salt, , divided
- 1¼ cups panko breadcrumbs,
- 1 pound peeled and deveined raw shrimp (50-70 count),
- Canola oil cooking spray,
- ½ cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt or reduced-fat sour cream,
- ¼ cup Thai sweet chili sauce,
- 1 teaspoon sriracha or other hot sauce,
Position rack in bottom of oven; preheat to 450°F. Coat a large baking sheet with cooking spray.
Whisk eggs, Old Bay, garlic powder and 1/4 teaspoon salt in a shallow bowl. Place breadcrumbs in another shallow bowl or dish. Add shrimp to the egg mixture and stir until well coated. Transfer to the breadcrumbs with a slotted spoon and gently stir to coat. Arrange the shrimp in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet. Generously coat with cooking spray.
Bake the shrimp until cooked through and browned on the bottom, 6 to 8 minutes.
Meanwhile, combine yogurt (or sour cream), chili sauce, hot sauce and the remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt in a small bowl. Serve the shrimp with the dipping sauce.
All recipe ingredients should be cooked to a safe internal temperature according to USDA guidelines. After preparing a recipe, please store any leftovers in the refrigerator.